Discussion: LBP3 - suggestions for improvements on LBP2? Oh CRUMBS!! too late!!Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 8 posts
futureboy
futureboy
LBP3 - suggestions for improvements on LBP2? Oh CRUMBS!! too late!!
Oct 3 2011, 9:15 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 3 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
Just read a post that LBP3 is due out next year ....the post was made a YEAR AGO!! I gather I am too late to make suggestions about things they could include.

Here's the list anyway...

1) 4 or 5 layers
2)Ability to have real water in defined local spaces
3)Ability to create airtight spaces within water
4)simple 'flasher' unit for lights
5)Make anything invisible
6)Bolt through more than one layer
7)Pre determine attach points for springs etc
8)Spheres!!
9) high resolution circles and curves (option to make)
10)zoom in even closer or out further in create mode
11)ability to tag self and not just sackbots
12) Costume feature: ability to give self abnormal (or normal) size head
13)abiltiy to rotate in horizontal plane
14)New engineering based materials like...CARBON-FIBRE/TITANIUM/FIBRE-GLASS/NYLON/POLYPROPALENE/MERCURYTUNGSTEN WIRE/FINE FISHING LINE

and THATS IT!!! (so far)

I wonder how many of these (if any) they have already put into LBP3?

Does anyone know more about the release date? I was a bit late in buying LBP2 (to my regret) still a great bit of software even without these features.

I feel a right to comment, as Ive been constructing things for film and television most of my life.

steve
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
Nakatsu_Hime
Nakatsu_Hime
1. LBP3 - suggestions for improvements
Oct 4 2011, 1:21 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 4 2011, 1:21 AM EDT
Not too late.
Since LBP3 is undoubtedly under development, it is a long long way from even an Alpha build I'd guess.

I shall give my guesses on the probability of inclusion your requests:

1) Very possible
2) Water will never have dynamic physical properties (it won't be pourable, or flow), but I don't think the possibility of being able to have a rectangular area of water material is beyond the PS3's capabilities. ID's Quake3 engine of years ago could achieve this.
3) Again, a possibility I'd say
4) No. Easily done already with a simple logic setup.
5) No. But I hope they'll be an solid and invisible material available.
6) Possibly not. Too much possibilities for messing stuff up.
7) Not sure if this is necessary. You already have free reign over where you attach springs to.
8) Could be a useful feature, even if it's just to make stuff look better - such as to prevent footballs over multiple layers looking like sausages.
9) I'd say this is unnecessary. An improvement in the rendering engine would suffice for untampered circular shapes.
10) A better zoom in would be useful. In LBP2 beta, there was a huge zoom-out. It proved to be a nightmare, but a level overview mode would be welcomed.
11) Improved Player Sensors that would be. An easy thing to do. Agreed!
12) Why?
13) Not quite sure what you mean here.
14) Merely new materials, except for one thing that stood out... Wire. A Wire / Rope facility could be useful.

5  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    
futureboy
futureboy
2. RE: LBP3 - suggestions for improvements
Oct 4 2011, 2:26 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 4 2011, 2:26 AM EDT
In response...

4) I can do it, tes, but a fath, compared to having a flasher . In the interests of speedy construction - something I'm renowned for in my industry.
5) same diff.
7) when attaching across short distances, it tends to attach DIAGONALLY a lot. ..no matter how hard you try. selecting points would solve this.
9) The resolution of lbp is pretty good, its only when you enlarge a curve that you see how many facets there are - a quick way to smooth this out is what I'm asking. it takes forever with the point tool. totally neccessary IMHO.
12) Fun. make sack folk look more realistic...proportionally.
13) When you rotate an object, you can only rotate a circle as a clockface or a catherine wheel (facing you) its in the verticle axis. Ive seen someone rotate in the horizontal axis (like a cop car beacon, say, or a carousel). It must have been a BETA thing, because I havn seen it since, and its definitely not in the tools.
14) yes, but materials that would enable you to push the envelope with regards to structures. Modern structures rely more and more on these high tech materials. it means you could make things that normally wouldnt work because they are too heavy or not strong enough. Not just different coloured sponges or wood...see what I'm getting at?
3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
Nakatsu_Hime
Nakatsu_Hime
3. RE: LBP3 - suggestions for improvements
Oct 5 2011, 2:50 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 5 2011, 2:50 AM EDT
13) Ahh, I see. The only ways to achieve this at moment is to attach stuff to either a creationator spawn point (or similar), or to use the Underminer’s Drill object and attach stuff to that.

14) OK. Then how about a more flexible materials Parameters tool? Then we could freely adjust strength, stickiness, etc.

1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
hero242
hero242
4. RE: LBP3 - suggestions for improvements
Oct 7 2011, 9:56 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 7 2011, 9:56 AM EDT
sorry guys but i rember media modacule said there moving from lbp so they can work on diffrent titles i rember posting it before 2  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
futureboy
futureboy
5. RE: LBP3 - suggestions for improvements
Oct 7 2011, 12:44 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 7 2011, 12:44 PM EDT
Well, Ive only been using lbp in any form for about three months, so I'd have missed that...seeing as older posts seem to be removed. ....WOT??? that means No little big planet 3??? awww!!! :-( :-( 0  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
Nakatsu_Hime
Nakatsu_Hime
6. RE: LBP3 - suggestions for improvements
Oct 10 2011, 4:35 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 10 2011, 4:35 AM EDT
I am in no doubt that they'll be a LBP3 at some stage in the future, but not from Media Molecule.

Much like Sims 3 was by EA after Maxis left the scene after Sims2.

2  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
hero242
hero242
7. RE: LBP3 - suggestions for improvements
Oct 10 2011, 5:41 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 10 2011, 5:41 AM EDT
media modcule said there letting the comunity handle lbp now 1  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)