Discussion: how do you make a trampoline?Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 3 posts

tony3030
how do you make a trampoline?
Mar 8 2009, 1:47 AM EST | Post edited: Mar 8 2009, 1:47 AM EST
Hi, i need help making a trampoline, i want it so when you jump on it, it bounces you up so you can collect score bubbles. I would be grateful if you post a step by step guide of how to do this.

thanks a lot
Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: trampoline
Mortasa
Mortasa
1. RE: how do you make a trampoline?
Mar 8 2009, 3:01 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 8 2009, 3:01 AM EDT
"Hi, i need help making a trampoline, i want it so when you jump on it, it bounces you up so you can collect score bubbles. I would be grateful if you post a step by step guide of how to do this.

thanks a lot"
1: Make a flat platform
2: Attatch a piston to bottom of it and attatch other side to the ground. Make sure its straight.
3: put sensor switch on platform.
4: Attatch the sensor switches wire to the piston.
5:Tweak sensor switch and make radius reach only the platform and make the top option direction.
6:Tweak piston and make the timing 0.1 - 1.0 seconds. (depending on how high you want it to push you.)
7: If the platform goes downwards when you go on it, then tweak the piston and tick the inverted box.

If anything goes wrong, then I was obviously not explaining things very well
2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
noddle111
noddle111
2. RE: how do you make a trampoline?
Mar 8 2009, 3:20 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 8 2009, 3:20 AM EDT
"Hi, i need help making a trampoline, i want it so when you jump on it, it bounces you up so you can collect score bubbles. I would be grateful if you post a step by step guide of how to do this.

thanks a lot"
Hi Tony, Alternatively, you could use springs. What works for me:
1) Create a flat platform
2) Attach a spring to the bottom on each end of the platform and attach that to the ground.
3) NB: Remember to set the Springs on *Stiff*
4) Now you should have a platform being supported by two springs, you can adjust the properties of the springs to achieve the desired amount of bounce (which, as you'll discover, is directly proportional to the desired amount of fun :D)

Good luck!
Noddle
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?