Showing 4 posts

BleedingHawkeye
Materials
Feb 16 2009, 9:33 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 16 2009, 9:33 AM EST
New to the forum and LBP, so hello everyone!!..my question is this??..I've filled my material section, but keep unlocking new ones, how do I get all my materials??..thanks in advance!!..:-) Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: None
Saucerer
Saucerer
1. RE: Materials
Feb 17 2009, 8:34 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 17 2009, 8:34 AM EST
To clarify; are you talking about building materials or costume materials? As in, the stuff you build levels with, (wood, stone, metal etc.) or costume skins?

There have been occasional (thankfully less and less with each update) reports of glitches involving objects not unlocking correctly upon being collected in Story Mode, so it's possible that you're indeed experiencing such a glitch. Unfortunately there are still no known cures/fixes for "data corruption", and the only method for removing any said data is to delete the LBP Profile Data file located on your PS3's HD. Doing so will result in the deletion of your game's progress as well however, so don't do it unless you're absolutely certain about the decision.
Do you find this valuable?    
Lemmings72
Lemmings72
2. RE: Materials
Feb 17 2009, 8:38 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 17 2009, 8:38 AM EST
Hi, I'm a newbie too but I will try to give a sort of answer; I found that completing the tutorials on how to use objects and also ensuring that you collect everything in the pre-built levels will provide more materials and objects for use. I purchased a copy of the Strategy Guide to help me find more stuff.- Amazon.co.uk sells it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Littlebigplanet-Official-Strategy-Guide-Signature/dp/0744010446
mindphaser74
mindphaser74
3. RE: Materials
Feb 17 2009, 8:57 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 17 2009, 8:57 AM EST
"New to the forum and LBP, so hello everyone!!..my question is this??..I've filled my material section, but keep unlocking new ones, how do I get all my materials??..thanks in advance!!..:-)"
in LBP, "materials" specifically means the building materials (ie. rubber, metal, glass, dark matter, etc.). All the materials you've picked up in your travels will appear in your materials list (with base materials at the top, and variations of those below in that list). That list can be accessed through your popit menu, left-side, 2nd one down. Of course, this list of materials can only be viewed in create mode, so maybe that's why you're not seeing them. And finally, to get them all, just try to get 100% completion on all the levels in story mode.