Discussion: How do I play multiplayer offline?Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 11 of 11  |  Show  posts at a time

gryphon410
How do I play multiplayer offline?
Nov 1 2008, 11:44 AM EDT | Post edited: Nov 1 2008, 11:44 AM EDT
So I was able to play 2 players offline once by accident and now I can't figure out how to do it again. I have 2 controllers plugged in and I push start and every other button on the second one and nothing happens. Also I can't seem to find any menu option to allow a second player to join. What am I doing wrong? I can't find anything in the manual to tell me how to get a second player to join.

I can get online multiplayer to work just fine but I'd really like my wife and kids to be able to play together. Please help!

-Gryphon
14  out of 19 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: None
snowman818
snowman818
1. RE: How do I play multiplayer offline?
Nov 1 2008, 1:27 PM EDT | Post edited: Nov 1 2008, 1:27 PM EDT
this is what u do. u turn the controllers on before u go to the game. or basically as soon as u turn the ps3 on,turn all the controllers on. 16  out of 21 found this valuable. Do you?    
snowman818
snowman818
2. RE: How do I play multiplayer offline?
Nov 1 2008, 1:33 PM EDT | Post edited: Nov 1 2008, 1:33 PM EDT
"this is what u do. u turn the controllers on before u go to the game. or basically as soon as u turn the ps3 on,turn all the controllers on."
i also forgot to say. when u are ready to play a level,go to play on your own and that means who ever is on the ps3 can play
12  out of 17 found this valuable. Do you?    
JackSwede
JackSwede
3. RE: How do I play multiplayer offline?
Nov 1 2008, 2:46 PM EDT | Post edited: Nov 1 2008, 2:46 PM EDT
this does not work for me. But my 2nd controllers are a NYKO and a Logitech, does LBP not support these controllers?

I followed your directions, could I be missing anything else?
1  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
Extraxi
Extraxi
4. RE: How do I play multiplayer offline?
Nov 1 2008, 2:51 PM EDT | Post edited: Nov 1 2008, 2:51 PM EDT
Just turn the damn controllers on in the middle of the game. You'll see. 3  out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?    

CandiceBliss
5. RE: How do I play multiplayer offline?
Nov 1 2008, 7:06 PM EDT | Post edited: Nov 1 2008, 7:06 PM EDT
I read somewhere that LBP doesn't support 3rd party controllers. 2  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    
JackSwede
JackSwede
6. RE: How do I play multiplayer offline?
Nov 1 2008, 9:40 PM EDT | Post edited: Nov 1 2008, 9:40 PM EDT
I did try that too.

I had the NYKO controller on before I started the game, when that didn't work I turned the Logitech on during the game.

Can you play multiplayer on ANY board or does it only allow you starting at a certain board? ie - 3 tutorial boards in the beginning.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Extraxi
Extraxi
7. RE: How do I play multiplayer offline?
Nov 2 2008, 5:02 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 2 2008, 5:02 AM EST
Unlike online, offline multiplayer allows people to jump in whenever the bloody hell they feel like. Given they have a controller, of course.

Really, why get third party controllers at all? Tsk tsk. You would think you'd learn your lesson after Guitar Hero 3 had massive issues.
0  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
JackSwede
JackSwede
8. RE: How do I play multiplayer offline?
Nov 2 2008, 5:07 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 2 2008, 5:07 AM EST
Well, I tried to start the game using the 3rd party controllers (which I bought for $10 each, thats why I got them and they work with all my other games) and LBP will not allow me past the My Pod screen without the Sony PS3 Controller.

So to play multiplayer, you need Sony PS3 controllers only.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

envy320
9. RE: How do I play multiplayer offline?
Mar 22 2009, 10:06 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 22 2009, 10:06 AM EDT
Ok, I just read through several forums to finally found the solution to this.

First, you start playing 2 players as soon as the pod is up. The intro part where u run through the developers is only 1 player I believe.

Second, this is a third party controller issue. I have an original Sony PS3 controller and a logitech wireless controller. The Logitech wireless controller does no work with LBP at first. I troubleshooted by using the Sony controller first which was fine and then tried the logitech one which the game did not respond to it (only the main menu button worked).

And lastly, the solution is to plug your PS3 into the network and update the firmware using the system update option. After that's done, load the game and it will tell you the game itself needs to be updated. After you update the game, the logitech controller will work and you can play 2 players.
8  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    
deadea99
deadea99
10. RE: How do I play multiplayer offline?
Feb 6 2010, 3:04 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 6 2010, 3:04 PM EST
how do i upload my ps3 4  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?